Here I am…
- In my suburban house, with my beautiful healthy children.
- Living my dream to inspire and empower moms around the world to live their best lives.
- Choosing love over fear and asking other moms to do the same.
- Almost two years after walking away from my high paying stable corporate job, choosing to manifest wealth based on my own heart-centered business.
Make no mistake…
- All of these things are great gifts that I do not take for granted.
- All of these things are why I chose to join the Global Team of 200.
- All of these things are why I’m choosing to shine light onto the women in this world that need our help.
- All of these things are why I choose to GIVE BACK.
Today I’m choosing to give back by purchasing an acre of land.
Well not the entire acre…but part of the acre.
Today I’m choosing to help Shanti Uganda expand their capacity to provide maternal and infant health by helping them pay for an additional one-acre plot of land, which will allow them to expand the Shanti Uganda birth home and garden.
Did You Know…
- In 2012, Shanti Uganda assisted in bringing 113 new lives into the world safely and peacefully, tested over 400 mothers and partners for HIV and other STIs, provided 1000 antenatal care appointments and ran a weekly infant immunization and family planning program.
- With a reputation for providing the best maternal health care available in the area, the demand for Shanti Uganda’s services is growing at an ever-increasing rate.
- And now they need to expand their services and space to meet the increasing needs of the women and infants in Uganda.
There are so many ways to get involved and help Shanti Uganda. To learn more about Shanti Uganda’s programs and the women and infants they are helping visit http://shantiuganda.org. You can also connect with Shanti Uganda on Facebook and Twitter.
I wrote this post as part of The Global Team of 200, a highly specialized group of members of Mom Bloggers for Social Good that concentrates on issues involving women and girls, children, world hunger and maternal health. Our Motto: Individually we are all powerful. Together we can change the world. We believe in the power of collective action to help others and believe in ourselves to make this world a better place for our children and the world’s children.